Updated: Apr 6, 2019
Tonight our community of female writers is meeting in Crouch End, N8. We have a flash fiction workshop in the pipeline.
If you are too shy, too busy or stuck at home with childcare duties and yet you would love to do some creative writing then do not despair!
Just wait until 8:30pm, local time and grab your mobile phone, laptop or a pencil and a scrap of paper if you are old-school.
The rules are simple: set your timer for 30 minutes and please don't be a cheat: Drop the pen and leave the keyboard alone as soon as you can hear the alarm ringing.
You have 30 minutes to write a tiny piece of fiction using one of these five story starters below.
The line you select can be part of your story. You can use it at the beginning, in the middle, at the end or not include it at all.
Just use it as a jumping board and let yourself sink deep down into the writing pool. Get into the flow and let your words spill out as free as icy droplets of water from a mountain stream.
1. There was a secret meeting tonight and I had to be there.
2. The cemetery was rather quiet on my annual visit.
3. North London was a beautiful place this time of year.
4. At 3 in the morning we were still on the phone.
5. Lights filled the sky atop the houses.